Rules of Procedure – CKWF International
The International Director for CKWF, in coordination with the Directors of each country and in accordance with the guidelines of the CKWF Central Office Korea, has developed these internal regulations in order to raise awareness, promote and strengthen the fulfillment of duties and Rights consistent with the discipline of the TRADITIONAL HAPKIDO student. We understand that as the process of applying strategies to achieve the goals of Hapkido In students (Hapkido In) and methods to face behaviors that we consider undesirable and inconvenient for students. With this in mind, we propose that both, rights and duties are understood as moral responsibilities.
Promote the study and practice of traditional Hapkido to contribute to the comprehensive training of students in their social environment, seeking recognition within the world of martial arts at an international level.
Be recognized, in 2019, as one of the most important Traditional Hapkido Organizations at an international level that generates value to its students, teachers and Masters through the study, practice and dissemination of martial art, contributing to the training and professionalization of members Of the Federation.
In the face of a growing interest in World Martial Arts, people are beginning to understand and appreciate the benefits of practicing this unique physical preparation, ways and means of fight as well as therapeutic exercises for health. This course aims to develop an integral formation through learning and practice, through an interdisciplinary process imparted in a correct way by an instructor or teacher of high professional level.
The CKWF considers that the best Incentive for a Hapkido student is the personal growth and benefits obtained from the practice of this martial art. We do consider, that it is important to highlight the personal, social, ethical and moral achievements of its members Using medals, plaques and honorable mentions for those who have excelled in any areas of the Federation’s activities.
The Federation works with the following hierarchy according to the degree that stands out.
- GEUP DEGREE SCALE:
Beginners = White and Yellow belts
Advanced Students = Brown and Red belt
- 6.2 DAN GRADES SCALE:
Black Belt 1. Dan Instructor
Black Belt 2. Dan Professor
Black Belt 3. Dan Vice Master
Black Belt 4. Dan Master
Black Belt 5. Dan Chief Master – Fulfilled training course
Black Belt 6. Dan Chief Master – Fulfilled training course
Black Belt 7. Dan Grand Master – Fulfilled training course
Black Belt 8. Dan Grand Master – Fulfilled training course
Black Belt 9. Dan Grand Master – Fulfilled training course
Black Belt 10. Dan Grand Master – Fulfilled training course
In CKWF the highest administrative authority is the International Director, the highest technical authority is the technical council, formed by the Head of International Teachers and the Master Directors of each Country and, in the disciplinary aspect, the Disciplinary Tribunal formed by the Master Directors, Deputy Directors and Senior Masters (minimum 4 DAN) of each Country.
Practitioners under the age of 18 who achieve the grade of Black Belt will be considered as a special category, so that they cannot have their own Dojang until they reach majority of age, however are authorized to teach class, instructors older than 16 years Under the supervision of an instructor or teacher certified by CKWF.
When any of the inactive members of the Federation wish to reactivate their relationship, they must take a program leveling course and cancel the costs derived from it.
When a HAPKIDO student from another organization or school wishes to join the Federation, he / she must abide by these regulations and to establish his / her degree and grade he / she must complete the corresponding leveling courses, cancel the costs of each course and also accredit the degree with their respective certificate and original cards. When a student of another martial art wishes to enter the Federation, he must abide by these regulations and comply with all the requirements established for these cases, in addition they will be respected the grades that he holds in his martial art, however if his affiliation is CKWF Directly, must study and practice the technical program of the CKWF to present the examinations corresponding to each grade from the target grade. Advanced grades will be allowed to take examinations for various grades at the same time and in private to facilitate their promotion to grade and rank.
The CKWF master director in each country may designate regional coordinators or deputy director if he / she deems it appropriate and inform the International Director of these decisions for processing at the CKWF Korea headquarters.
- 6.3 COUNTRY DIRECTORS: CKWF country directors may be black belts that have completed the requirements for the CKWF required professional course of teachers; Such teachers will be selected and appointed directly by the CKWF Korea directives and will be given the official credentials accrediting them as such.
All the students of the Federation, must meet the requirements established for their training both regular and professional.
The requirements for degrees of color are those established by the federation and will obtain each title with the previous approval of the examinations arranged for this purpose; It is currently established that for GEUP degrees a minimum of two months must be spent at each level, and these exams will be chaired by the school principals and must inform the Director of each country of the promotion of the same via Email , By collecting the names of the students who submitted, approved or failed the examination, and which must be registered with the evaluation committee that has attended those examinations.
The directors of the school to carry out the exams of GEUP, must be adjusted to the dates established by the director of each country in order to take effective control of the same, the same way the school directors, may invite black belts Or teachers from your school or other schools to form the examination committee.
Black belts will be able to promote each level of DAN, following compliance with the technical requirements and passing the test established for that purpose.
With the participation in the professional courses, the degrees will be obtained as established by the Federation, but this will not give the right to promotion of degrees of DAN.
The teachers or affiliated teachers, will not be able to grant certificates of degree to their own name.
7.1 PERMANENCE AND AGE TIME REQUIREMENTS
|Degree||Minimum Stay||Degree Minimum Age|
|1st DAN||3 years||12 years|
|2nd DAN||1 year||14 years|
|3rd DAN||2 years||16 years|
|4th DAN||3 years||18 years|
|5th DAN||4 years||25 years|
|6th DAN||5 years||31 years|
|7th DAN||6 years||41 years|
|8th DAN||7 years||50 years|
|9th DAN||8 years||60 years|
NOTE: The requirements described are not exclusive.
7.2 PROFESSIONAL COURSES CKWF
|Course||Minimun Degree||Obtained Title|
|Normal course||Any grade||None|
|Master Course Part 1||1st DAN||None|
|Master Course Part 2||2nd DAN||CKWF Master|
|Chief Master Course Part 1||3rd DAN||None|
|Chief Master Course Part 2||3rd DAN||None|
|Chief Master Course Part 3||4th||None|
|Chief Master Course Part 4||4th DAN||CKWF Chief Master|
|Grand Master Course Part 1||5th DAN||None|
|Grand Master Course Part 2||5th DAN||None|
|Grand Master Course Part 3||6th DAN||None|
|Grand Master Course Part 4||6th DAN||None|
|Grand Master Course Part 5||6th DAN||Grand Master CKWF|
Each of these requirements, are reviewed by technical and theoretical examination and applied according to the type of affiliation you have.
The application to participate in the courses previously described, must be authorized by the Director of each country and endorsed by the International Director of CKWF – CKWF.
CKWF affiliated schools must meet the following requirements minima:
- A training space of at least 30 square meters (100 square feet)
- They must register with CKWF Korea, with payment of the established costs and in this way the school will receive the relevant documents to be exhibited in the respective Dojang.
- Basic implements for practice such as punching bags, paddles, mats and mirrors, among others.
- There must be restrooms, dressing rooms, and first aid items.
- Training rooms or Dojang must remain in good condition and in perfectly clean.
- All Federation activity will begin with a formation in which the participants will organize themselves in columns of their same degree and in rows descending from right to left, and always looking towards the banners.
- Within the formations there must be a martial tone and discipline. Talking, moving or eating are forbidden.
The CKWF adopts and respects the Eastern tradition of greeting and for this reason is required for all members.
- When entering a training room you must remove your shoes and salute the flags with respect, even as you leave the room and before you remove your shoes you should greet the flags.
- When meeting a senior or junior student you should be greeted by a slight bow of the torso to the front, then if the situation allows it, you can approach or greet by offering a hand shake.
- In a situation where greeting the flag is in order, it will be indicated by the Director of the School or Dojang or, in its absence, the second in rank of hierarchy.
- The salute to each of the higher degrees will be done by the next immediate degree and so on.
Based on the principle of respect all members of the Federation should be treated with extreme and fraternal courtesy inside and outside the activities of this organization.
- When a higher grade, senior member enters a place where members of a lower grade are, they should respectfully greet, take a position of respect.
- When a higher degree, senior member enters a formation, the one of lower degree will yield the position, taking a step back.
- In all training, including informal ones, higher grade, senior members should occupy the most outstanding positions.
- Collaboration should be presented in a selfless way among all members of the Federation.
- Members of the Federation should not be publicly contradicted, and in particular the higher grades, teachers and Masters should be addressed by their instructor hierarchy when talked upon.
- In CKWF the following uniforms will be worn to classes:
Uniform No. 1 = Official CKWF Blue Uniform for students and advanced or black belts, CKWF teachers must wear the uniform designated for that rank.
Uniform No 2 = Black flannel with the official CKWF logo, blue Uniform pants and belt (Summer Uniform).
Uniform No. 3 = Official CKWF Orange Uniform for 1st and 2nd grade DAN black belts (Volunteer Uniform for use in these ranges).
On all occasions the uniforms must be perfectly clean and in good condition.
- Training will only be allowed without uniform to new students.
- All practicing members must wear uniforms and especially black belts, in all practices and activities of the Federation.
- T-shirts are not allowed under the uniform jacket to male students, women may wear the official summer uniform t-shirts.
- The use of the uniform with accessories such as caps, tennis, or unauthorized items is not allowed.
- The use of martial art training shoes is allowed in outdoor activities.
NOTE: These uniforms are the same that apply to students from schools that are only affiliated with CKWF, varying only the patch on the shoulder that symbolizes each affiliated school.
- It is only allowed to wear badges on the jackets Left Shoulder: Emblem of Kwan (School) to which they belong. Chest Left side: CHEONG KYUM HAPKIDO WORLD FEDERATION badge. Chest Right Side: printed or embroidered in Chinese letters “Cheong Kyum”, Back: Print or Embroidery “Hapkido CKWF”, if you leave the country you can use the flag on the right sleeve of the jacket.
- The official uniform pants may be embroidered on the right leg with the word HAPKIDO, HAPKIYUSUL or for KYEOK KEOM sword students.
Discipline is the backbone of all life forms and in particular to Hapkido students.
- The regular channel must be respected at all times, the Directors of each country should request and communicate the relevant activities to the International Director and not directly to the CKWF headquarters in Korea; The International Director shall forward the requests to the CKWF central office.
- Courses or applications for DAN grades must be communicated and authorized by the International Director of CKWF to verify requirements and other aspects required and once they have been approved, they will be processed.
- The orders issued by the major grades must be adhered to and fully complied with and may only be modified by an immediately higher grade when they merit it.
- When any of the members of the Federation does not agree with any of the orders or decisions of the major grades, they must state their reasons respecting the regular channel to ultimately reach the International Director or the Director General of CKWF. No member is allowed to comment on their disagreements outside the organization, to the lower grades, to do so will be considered as a disruptor and for that reason will be sanctioned.
- During practices or meetings talks regarding politics, ethnicities or religions are prohibited among students.
- Consumption of food or beverages during practice will not be allowed in training rooms.
- Training under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs or stimulants is strictly forbidden.
- During the training session, there will be no talk, no games with belts or activities that are not typical of practice.
- At any time during training or meetings each and every participant must maintain a perfect and strict martial attitude with discipline, respect and courtesy.
- Practices or meetings will be appointed in advance with date, time and place pre-established, tardiness will not be allowed.
- When a member of the Federation is definitively and irrevocably expelled, he/she may not take part in any of the organization’s own activities and may never again be associated to the activities of the Federation, or use the emblems of the Federation.
- Teachers, instructors or directors of Dojang and of each country must communicate and comply with this regulation to each and all members of the organization.
- In order to maintain our style as a school, all members of the CKWF are compelled to respect the technical program established by CKWF Korea and cannot modify or alter it; however, teachers from another Kwan, other than CKWF, and affiliated with the CKWF are in liberty to teach the program which he/she is currently teaching.
- In the event that any member wishes to suggest a modification or an addition of a new technique, he/she must have the proper permission and approval of the Kwan Founder, the Grand Master or the International Chief of Masters.
- No member of the Federation is permitted to use the name of the organization for particular activities without the prior CKWF directive approval.
- The policies issued by the Directors of each country and those of the International Director of CKWF, should be in accordance to those established by the CKWF Korea.
- No member of CKWF can belong to another Hapkido Federation or Organization.
- Members of CKWF, can only teach the techniques of this Kwan.
- The participation or organization of championships, seminars, etc. in the name of CKWF should be previously coordinated and authorized by the Director for each country, this permission should be approved by the International Director as well.
- These rules apply to all CKWF students and will be applied in disciplinary matters.
All members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Use, promote and display the CKWF name in accordance with membership policies, in all events advertising.
- Have the right and privilege to use the official insignia of the franchise, which are: CKWF – Cheong Kyum Hapkido World Federation, CKWF Shield – Cheong Kyum Association, according to the membership policies.
- Have the right to pre-order the certificates and diplomas of degree to be delivered the same day of the promotion of their students.
- Have the privilege of wearing the official CKWF uniforms.
- Receive the official CKWF training program, having the right to use this exclusive teaching method in their schools, in accordance with the membership policies.
- Have the privilege of being on the examination committee.
- Gain knowledge in the art and therefore raise the technical level of the instructors and students.
- Attend special classes for black belts and international seminars.
- Have the official rank recognized by CKWF which will be processed before the CKWF, after the established fee has been paid.
- Receive technical and personal support directly from each country Director.
- Visit and practice in associated national and international schools.
- Register and advertising from affiliated schools, teachers and instructors on the Internet accrediting CKWF membership, nationally and internationally.
- Attend international technical training courses.
- Participate in all activities organized in the fulfillment of the CKWF objectives.
- Separate freely from the Federation at the time it is deemed appropriate, submitting a formal letter of resignation to the organization.
- To be elected and eligible to the governing bodies of the CKWF, provided at least two (2) uninterrupted years as a member, and up-to-date obligations to the organization in all respects; as compelling with all minimum CKWF requirements.
- All members have the following duties:
- Comply with this Regulation and know it in detail and disseminate it among all members of the organization.
- Accept the agreements adopted by the Organization’s Directives.
- Pay all the fees approved by the Direction of each country.
- Contribute to the dissemination of the activities of the CKWF in the fulfillment of its goals.
- Arriving late or not attending classes or meetings without justifiable cause, once or on repeated occasions.
- Poor personal presentation on repeated occasions regarding the proper wearing of uniforms.
- Carrying out acts of indiscipline during classes, meetings and activities of schools and federations.
- Modify the approved use of official uniforms.
- Failure to pay approved fees.
- Contempt or disobedience of the orders issued by higher grades.
- No member is allowed to comment on their disagreements outside the Organization, to the lower grades, to do so will be considered as a disruptor and for that reason will be sanctioned.
- Failure to comply with the policies established by the CKWF directives.
- Failure to follow the established regular conduct.
- Participate in acts that violate the morals or rules of the regulations, inside or outside the CKWF premises.
- Disrespect managers, teachers, instructors or any other member of the Federation, either in aggravated tone, words or gestures that denote haughtiness or disrespect for their human dignity or the authority they are invested with.
- Appropriation of money or other members’ belongings.
- Modify or teach a technical program not authorized by CKWF (applies to all members affiliated with CKWF).
- Belonging to another Hapkido Federation at the same time as the CKWF.
- Grant degree certificates on their own name.
- Unlawful impersonation, attempt of fraud or misstate about a given degree.
- Carry out personal or private activities such as presentations in public, seminars, courses, etc. on behalf of the CKWF or with the use of their official uniforms, without the prior authorization of the directives of the Organization.
- Disobedience of any of aforementioned rules.
Faults and liabilities will be sanctioned according to their seriousness, taking into account prior events and their follow-up, so that a verbal or written disciplinary or grievance written procedure is issued and ultimately if a member has incurred in serious misconduct, he/she may be suspended or expelled, losing the right to attend any of the following activities.
All non-attendance must be justified. Complaints must be made in a respectful manner by submitting evidence that supports a given claim, which should be presented in a formal and written manner. CKWF is an institution concerned with the welfare of all its associate members, so that our work is arduous and incessant.
Operating Policies of CKWF America
Internal communication means should be used to establish effective communication between all levels of the CKWF, spreading in a clear, timely and responsible manner the activities carried out by the Association.
Organizational communication should be used as a tool to improve organizational performance and staff well-being. It is the only known tool, useful for aligning individual efforts with organizational strategy.
Within the communication strategy, CKWF managers must forge a culture of principles and values that generate identity and belonging. CKWF managers at the level of the continent must permanently increase the corporate image of the Organization so that the general public can identify the mission and the role of the CKWF in martial arts at large.
The communication between the Directors that constitute the CKWF must be made at least once every three months, to discuss matters related to the proper functioning of the organization. The planning must be practiced at all levels, to ensure the fulfillment of the proposed objectives by each of the headquarters that constitute the CKWF.
The projections that are made, should have as frame of reference a minimum period of three (3) years. Resulting plans should be evaluated permanently. The achievement of objectives and continuous improvement should guide each of the processes and actions of the members of the organization.
The certification of black belts should not be the end of our organization, but the increase of the permanent satisfaction of the Clients and the improvement in the performance of the CKWF as organization of professional training in Hapkido.
The real needs of the CKWF must be analyzed and prioritized according to the strategic objectives. Success in meeting CKWF goals depends on adequate management and resource management. The administration of CKWF should be based on the best practices that lead to an optimization of resources and to the permanent satisfaction of the members of our association. The administration of the Human Resource that composes CKWF, should focus on continuously improving the provision of services that meet the needs of wellbeing, coexistence, education, and remuneration.
Developed by CM. WILLIAM RAYO Director of CKA America. Versión 1.0 February, 2017 The proper treatment of the members of the CKWF and the permanent disposition to dialogue should be common practice in all interpersonal relations, preserving the respect and consideration of the martial hierarchy.
The Professional Martial Education in the CKWF, should seek to obtain the integral profile of the Instructor or Teacher, that ensure the satisfaction of institutional needs and integrate education with the strategy of the Organization.
Education is a permanent, continuous and integral process that must prepare us to exercise leadership in the context of martial arts at national and international level. Training, training and training must be oriented towards a deep and permanent transformation in the formation of the “competences of being”.
The education of the Instructor and / or teachers, since graduation, must be uninterrupted and upward. The attached Academies and established training programs must maintain a quality assurance process that will lead to certification and achievement of the level of excellence.
CKWF as a training center and its attached schools, will promote the internationalization of their training programs. Provision should be made for the adoption of Korean as a second language for CKWF Instructor and Teacher staff.
Teachers affiliated with CKWF Korea or who are currently school principals or CKWF executives must submit at least once a year to a practical theoretical assessment to maintain the high standards of quality in teaching and dissemination of techniques Taught by CKWF.
Instructors, teachers or teachers who, for more than two years, do not participate in the association’s activities, will be asked to deactivate their affiliation with CKA Korea.
The Directors of each country are not allowed to participate in activities or events of other Hapkido federations worldwide without the prior authorization of the CKWF HQ in Korea and whose processing is done through the International Director of CKWF. According to the percentages established by HQ CKWF Korea, in the payment of DAN grade tests, the money must be sent semiannually to CKWF America’s headquarters in Colombia.
They can only grant DAN grades, teachers who have second DANs onwards.
All DAN degree candidates in each country must be presented to the International Director of CKWF for approval prior to submission of requirements and summary of the same. All the black belts of each country through the director or representative, must read and sign as acceptance the following policies and send them signed via email. All the managers or representatives of each country, must send by e-mail no later than the last week of January, the scheduled activities of CKWF for validity in excel format, descending the following fields: activity, start date, end date, responsible .